Applying to the Science Without Borders Program
Eligible students must submit applications for the Science Without Borders program directly to CAPES who, in turn, supplies approved applications to partners around the world. These partners provide the applications to universities based on fit with the student’s desired program. Ultimately, acceptance is at the discretion of the University of British Columbia.
Admission to UBC
Once students have been selected to receive a Science Without Borders scholarship for studies in Canada, the process for admission into individual universities begins. The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) manages this process for UBC. Read more about submitting an application for a Science Without Borders scholarship on the CBIE website. If you are considering studying at UBC, you will apply through CBIE. Don’t forget to select UBC as one of your top 3 institutions on your application!
To be considered for the Science Without Borders program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Brazilian citizenship.
- Enrollment in a college or university in Brazil.
- Completion of at least 20% but no more than 90% of your required degree in Brazil.
- Superior academic abilities: transcripts should show a consistently high level of performance, indicative of good academic potential.
- Proficiency in the language of the destination university (proficiency in English required for UBC).
- Agree to remain in Brazil for double the number of months you studied in Canada when you complete the program.
- Return to Brazil to complete your degree.
For more information on how to apply to the Science Without Borders program, visit CAPES.